Second Call for Entries (issued 18 August 2017)
We invite you to submit entries now for the 2018 edition of The Archaeology Channel International Film Festival, the Fifteenth Annual edition of TAC Festival. This is one of only two international competitions for this genre in the entire Western Hemisphere and a wonderful showcase for your work. Our deadline for receipt of entries is October 15, 2017. TAC Festival 2018 takes place May 2-6, 2018, in the Recital Hall of The Shedd Institute and at the Hilton Eugene and Conference Center here in Eugene, Oregon, USA. To enter, please use our online entry form, or download one here[.docx] with the Festival entry guidelines. Please read the guidelines carefully. We require entries with signatures, which may be sent through the regular postal mail or as electronic (signed) copies via e-mail (either in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF).
For TAC Festival 2017, we received 118 entries from 35 countries and selected 27 to screen in the Recital Hall. We also made all entries available for viewing at individual viewing stations through our Video Bar. By all measures, this was one of the best groups of films in the history of TAC Festival, which began in 2003. In the 14 years of TAC Festival so far, we have received entries from 76 countries. In this coming year, we hope to continue the trend toward ever-improving film quality.
Here are some important facts about our entry regulations and procedures:
- We rely on you for information about the film. So please be very careful to enter the correct film title as well as the correct information for crediting the film makers
- We accept all entries, regardless of the topic. Be advised, however, that if your topic does not relate to the human cultural heritage or the human past or the investigation of such subjects, it will be at a serious disadvantage in the competition.
- For entry review, please send either one DVD OR a digital file of your film. We accept entries in either the PAL or NTSC TV system.
- Please do not send Blu-ray disks as review copies.
- To be fair to smaller producers, we have a limit of two entries per producer. By “producer” we mean the person or group of persons who directly made the film. However, it is perfectly acceptable for a distribution company to submit films from two or three or more different producers, as long as these producers are separately identified and credited.
- Entrant distributors must provide assurance through their signature that the producers of the entered films have agreed to their entry in TAC Festival.
- Films must have been produced in 2011 or later and must be in English or have English subtitles.
- You must complete the Film Summary and Film History sections.
- If you want your film copies returned, you must provide a mailing envelope with correct postage affixed to it.
- If you are interested in making your film available for sale to our Festival audience, please inform us of that and let us know the purchase procedures. If you would like us to assist you in making your film available for sale, please contact us so we can discuss ways to accomplish that.
Please do not delay in sending your entries! Consider that a flood of entries in the last week will slow down our review and notification process, so you can help us a great deal by sending your entries now. In previous years, some entries regrettably were rejected because of errors in entry forms or problems with the film review copies. If you allow plenty of time for these problems to be resolved, you can help assure that you will not be excluded from consideration. Also, we encourage you to make plans to attend the Festival to represent your films and also to participate in our Conference on Cultural Heritage Media.
ENTRY DEADLINE: October 15, 2017. All entry materials must be received by this date. This is not a postmark deadline.