Project Archaeology Teacher Workshop
Downtown Athletic Club, Eugene, Oregon, 17 & 18 July 2003
Get ready to bring a special adventure to your students next year!
- Learn about early Oregon peoples and ancient civilizations
- Take home new ideas and classroom projects on civilizations
- Find out how archaeologists work
- Get the Native American perspective on archaeology
- Learn about issues in discovering and preserving our past
- Activities designed for 4th-7th grades can be adapted for any age level
Instructors include experienced Project Archaeology staff archaeologists from the Bureau of Land Management:
- Megg Heath, BLM Heritage Education Project Manager, Anasazi Heritage Center, Dolores, CO
- Fran Philipek, BLM Salem Office Archaeologist, Oregon Project Archaeology State Coordinator
Sign-up Deadline: 8 July
Thursday, 17 July, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Bring your own lunch or order in with the group
Friday, 18 July, 8:30 - Noon
$45 fee includes
- One free ticket to The Archaeology Channel International Film and Video Festival at the McDonald Theatre
- Or one free ticket to one of the guided archaeology field trips to the Oregon Cascades and Oregon Coast
- Texts provided: Intrigue of the Past: A Teacher's Activity Guide for Fourth Through Seventh Grade, by Smith, Letts, Moe, and Patterson, BLM, 1997. Exploring Oregon's Past: A Teacher's Activity Guide for Fourth Through Seventh Grades, BLM Oregon State Office, 1997. Archaeology of Oregon, by C. Melvin Aikens, BLM Oregon State Office, 1993, 302 pp.
To register, print and complete the Registration Form and send with your $45 check to TAC Festival, P.O. Box 5302, Eugene, OR 97405. To pay by credit card: Go to http://www.archaeologychannel.org and use the Helping.org link to pay through our on-line donation process. On the form there, enter "for Teacher Workshop" in the "Designation" area. Then mail the Registration Form (with a notation that you have paid by credit card) as above or fax to 541-338-3109.