The Archaeology Channel
International Film and Video Festival
Eugene, Oregon, USA
May 4 - 7, 2017
You can become a sponsor!
What is it?
The Archaeology Channel International Film and Video Festival is the only public competition in the Western Hemisphere featuring films about the human past and our shared cultural heritage. This international event draws worldwide participation. Our 2017 edition represents the fourteenth annual installment of this event. For TAC Festival 2016, we screened 21 top film entries, selected from 100 entries submitted from 26 countries. In its first thirteen years, TAC Festival has received film entries from 72 countries.
In 2017, we plan a suite of activities at the Eugene Hilton and Conference Center, which will include our Conference on Cultural Heritage Media and Video Bar, where all can see any of our film entries at individual viewing stations. We plan other activities and venues as well. Event details are posted on TAC web site at archaeologychannel.org/festival.
When and Where is it?
- TAC Festival screenings take place May 4-7, 2017, in The Shedd Institute Recital Hall in downtown Eugene.
- TAC Conference takes place May 5-7 at the Hilton Eugene and Conference Center
Why is it?
- To exhibit the wonderful diversity of human cultures past and present in the exploration of our place in history and our world.
- To promote this film genre and the makers of media productions about archaeology, cultural heritage and indigenous peoples.
- To foster cultural literacy, promote diversity for all ages and broaden understanding of other peoples, their cultural lifeways, and their diverse relationships with the natural world.
How does the community benefit?
The benefits of the Festival extend well beyond the immediate pleasures of the viewing audience and out into the wider community.
- The focus on the surprising diversity of cultures that exist and have existed benefits audience members by enriching knowledge of the human cultural legacy.
- This high-quality program meets the need for Eugene to develop a strong downtown with dynamic cultural activities that will attract tourism and investment into the future.
- Travel Lane County estimates an annual net financial gain of $250,000 for the community from the Festival.
- The state of Oregon and Lane County benefit from the prestige of having an international film festival within their borders.
- TAC Festival affords producers and directors come from around the world the opportunity to present their works to live audiences at our juried festival and to learn from each other through our Conference on Cultural Heritage Media. In 2017, Conference participants came to Eugene from Canada, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, and the United Kingdom, as well as Arizona, California, Michigan, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, and Texas.
How do sponsors benefit?
Sponsors of TAC Festival will gain visibility to our audience in a wide variety of ways, depending on the level of their sponsorship. Sponsors will be acknowledged in these ways:
- In the Festival Program. All sponsors will be listed by name or with their logo in the Program.
- The Festival slide show. These slides, include sponsor logos will scroll during intermissions at The Shedd Institute and during the Conference at the Hilton.
- Tickets for Awards Reception
- A Festival award in the sponsor’s name
- From the podium. All sponsors will be announced at Festival events
- On The Archaeology Channel Web site. All sponsors will be listed, either by name or logo and linked to their own Web sites.
- Booth in the Exhibit Hall to display wares or promote organization
- A private dinner reception to celebrate and mingle with Festival presenters
- Your organization’s flyer in Festival Packet
- A table of six seats at the Festival banquet
- An entry on the Festival Restaurant Guide, including a Google map pin (if applicable)
What can we sponsor?
- Conference tote bags or lanyards
- Keynote speaker expenses (e.g., travel, honorarium, etc...)
- Video Bar
- Awards Reception
- Saturday Night Social
- Your name on ticket backs (limited to 2 sponsors)
- Banquet table seats (6)
- Tell us your ideas!
Download and submit your sponsorship forms today!
TAC Festival 2017 Sponsor Levels and Benefits
|Benefits / Level||Hominid ($50)||Paleolithic ($100)||Paleolithic Plus ($150)||Archaic ($250)||Archaic Plus ($400)||Neolithic ($500)||Classical ($1000)||Inductrial ($2500)||Modern ($5000)|
|Program text/logo Listing|
|Festival Slide Show|
|TAC Web site listing|
|Awards Reception Tickets||2||4||4||4||4||Your request||Your request||Your request|
|Program Display Message||Optional 1/4 page||Optional 1/2 page||Optional full page||Optional full page||Optional full page or back cover||Optional full page or back cover||Optional full page or back cover|
|Your flyer in Festival Packet|
|Conference Presentation passes||2||2||4||Your request||Your request||Your request|
|Your name on ticket backs (limited to 2 sponsors)|
|Banquet table seats (6)|
|Exhibitor / Vendor booth|
|Private dinner reception|
|Festival award in sponsor’s name|