Tom King Interview
Protecting archaeological and historical sites from project impacts in the United States is guided by the “Section 106 process.” A chief architect of this system, Dr. Tom King, is so convinced that the process no longer works that he has published a book called Our Unprotected Heritage: Whitewashing the Destruction of Our Cultural and Natural Environment. We interviewed Dr. King to find out what he believes is wrong with the U.S. heritage protection system and what can be done about it.
- National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (Wikipedia)
- Our Unprotected Heritage (Left Coast Press)
- Section 106 Regulations Summary (Advisory Council on Historic Preservation)
- Working with Section 106 (Advisory Council on Historic Preservation)
- Doing Archaeology: A Cultural Resource Management Perspective (Amazon-Tom King)
- Tom King’s CRM Plus blog