The Archaeology Channel
International Film Festival
Exploring the human cultural legacy on screen!
May 17 - 21, 2023
Civic Winery, 50 E.11th Ave, Eugene, Oregon, USA
May 20, 2023
Film Festival Screenings
Recital Hall, The Shedd Institute, Eugene, Oregon, USA
May 18 - 21, 2023
TAC Festival begins officially with the Festival Banquet, Wednesday evening, May 17, 2023. This is followed by four days of juried films and videos on archaeological and indigenous topics:
- Thursday evening, May 18
- Friday evening, May 19
- Saturday, May 20: morning, afternoon and evening
- Sunday, May 21: morning, afternoon and evening
Simultaneously, The Archaeology Channel Conference on Cultural Heritage Media will be held on Saturday, May 20.
Other activities will include:
- Saturday Social, the evening of Saturday, May 20
- Awards Reception Sunday evening, May 21
To exhibit for our audience the wonderful diversity of human cultures past and present in the exploration of our place in history and in our world. To promote and celebrate the genre and the makers of all audiovisual cultural heritage media.
- Burnt City
- Music Sets You Free: A Story of Musical Notes, Imprisonment, Horrors and Hopes
- A Gallarus Story
- Into the Paleolithic: Nomads of the Rhone Valley of France
- Ladies and Princes of Prehistory
- Mamody: The Last Baobab Digger
- Montaigne and the Mysterious Tomb
- The Mystery of the Cosquer Cave
- The New Whistler of Aas
- Persepolis - Chicago
- Peru: Sacrifices in the Kingdom of Chimor
- Pico Reja
- Pink Pottery
- Pompeii: The Secret of the Villa of Civita Giuliana
- Run Raven Run
- Sagrada Familia: Gaudi's Challenge
- Shepherds of the Earth
- The True Story of Pirates
- The Tumuk Humak Expedition
- Unpacking the Universe: The Making of an Exhibition
Keynote Speaker (Wednesday evening at the Festival Banquet in the Gordon Hotel):
Nick Card, Director of the Ness of Brodgar Project, University of Highlands and Islands Institute of Archaeology
Tickets for film screenings at The Shedd Institute, Sheffer Recital Hall, are free and will be available in the Cole Gallery.
Tickets for single Conference presentations and full-day Conference passes will be available at the door. Full Conference registration ($130); Single Presentation Pass ($10); Full Day Pass ($50); . For more information about the Conference on Cultural Heritage Media and Registration, Click here.
TAC Festival Banquet
An important social event at TAC Festival is the Festival Banquet, which takes place the evening of May 17, 2023, 6-9 pm, at the Gordon Hotel. The Banquet fee is $65. This is the venue for our Keynote Address. Registration for this event is accomplished through our Banquet Registration Form (PDF).
Sponsors for the 2023 TAC International Film Festival
Dr. William Maier and Kathy Black
Dr. Timothy Arbow
Robert Carmichael DDS